World Chocolate Day - possibly the best celebration ever - is happening this week, July 7, and those of you who love to get your fingers dirty with some tasty chocolate treat need no excuse this week. There are literally endless options on how to enjoy chocolate, especially in summer, but if you’re looking for some special way to celebrate this delicious day at your home, here’s the ultimate recipe for you. All the chocoholics beware, this chocolate cake will change your life.
What are the Ingredients:
For the cake:
- Unsalted butter
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ⅓ sugar
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 ¾ tsp. baking powder
- 1 ⅓ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 4 oz. chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (or less for less sweet version)
Once you have all the ingredients at your hand, follow the steps below:
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Grease the bottom of the pan with vegetable oil and line it with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, sift through your cocoa powder and whisk well together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Once your egg mixture is well combined, mix it into your dry ingredients with a spatula until it forms a paste-like batter.
- Warm your milk in a medium saucepan until it simmers and mix it with your cake batter until well combined.
- Put your batter into the pan and bake until the cake is ready, for about 45 minutes. Take it out and let it cool down.
- It’s time for frosting! Combine chocolate chips with heavy cream and microwave in a medium bowl until chocolate chips melt, for about 10 seconds. Let the ganache cool down for about half an hour.
- Take out your electric mixer and whisk together cream cheese and powdered sugar until well combined. Add your cooled ganache and mix it together on medium speed until it thickens, for about 1 minute.
- Take your cake out of the pan and top it with your chocolaty frosting. Spread evenly and put it into the fridge to let it rest for a while.
- Slice, serve, and let the World Chocolate Day celebration begin!
Are you inspired enough to heat it up in the kitchen and prepare the best chocolate treat ever for this special day? Make sure you pick up all the ingredients in one of the grocery stores nearby. Happy Chocolate Day, everyone!
You may be interested in…